The New Covenant speaks clearly on what it takes to be a member of the Lord's church. The Lord Himself adds those "being saved" to His body, (Acts 2:47). The terms of salvation are:
- Hear the word, (Romans 10:14-17).
- Believe the message of Christ as God's son, (Mark 16:16; Hebrews 11:6).
- Repent of sin, (Acts 2:38; Luke 13:3-5).
- Confess Christ before men, (Acts 8:37; Matthew 10:32).
- Be baptized into the death of Christ, that you might be forgiven, your sins might be washed away, (Mark 16:16; Acts 22:16).
- Be faithful in your walk with God to the end, (Revelation 2:10). Remember that when we have done the will of God we will appear before Him for judgment, (Ecclesiastes 12:13).